Thursday, January 14, 2010

True Love's Kiss..

Writing:
It seems to me that I haven't posted enough about it? well here i'm going to try and get it all out in one blog.. (will that ever happen? probably not) I will continue to bore you all with it until my death. :D
Writing is my passion it is my love and I would be nowhere without it. At first I though perhaps music would be my passion. Then maybe dance. or perhaps maybe art (which I suck at). All my life i've known that I was creative. I knew that I would spend my life making something out of nothing but the pure juices inside my brain.
After reading the Twilight saga many years back I remember thinking. I enjoy telling stories and I love hearing stories all around me. The main thing I like about a book/anything is a good story. Characters that really bring home the message. That is what i'm all about. Of course Twilight didn't have any of that.. so don't be spreading rumors that I was inspired by Twilight.. well perhaps I was.. I was inspired to write something better that would educate people more than anything. I've wanted my stories out there and filling the minds of people.
I"ve always had stories in my head. There were always situations or encounters I would come up with and morph and create into something I could play off of. So after reading the Twilight saga I finally said to my best friend (Alex Knudsen LYLY) I"m going to write a book and i'll kinda make it about my life.
He said I had to put him in there (of course I was going to he's a huge part of my life)So I did. The story I'm sure was not wonderful! but it was good and he and I enjoyed writing it together. That's when I realized hey.. maybe I could do this more often.
Another thing you must know is I write about controversial subjects and I don't really care. I write what I write and i love it. If people can't respect that then.. poo on them. I've truly found what makes me happy and most of them can't say that..
So anyways.. I started writing my next book about a boy who falls in love with his math teacher. Alex was my first fan. (I handwrote everything) we would pass my notebook back and forth. He would come over all the time and watch tv as I sat and wrote next to him. (Alex.. geeze I love you. I mean who else would do that? BFF)
My writing never really stopped after that. It was about that time that I started on my favorite (the one i've been working on now) Silver Lining is the name. At first it was just my super hero story. The one that I went to when I couldn't write anything else.
I decided in that one that I would just put everything I loved about superheroes and my gay friends and bunch it all together to form one giant story. AS the months went on I realized.. holy crap I like this story and you know what, it's pretty dang good. Perhaps I just hold my work on a giant pedestal but I really like it and I know at least 2 people who do too. hehe. :D Quartney and Jen. :D. (LYboth)
So this book, I started forming it and forming it. After awhile I put it away and worked on other things. I picked it up once more when Jen started reading my stories. After she read it I decided I would change some of it.. So I got the lap top :D yay my baby. I started typing away. I sat in my basement for like two weeks and just wrote. Occasionally I did my homework but mostly I was dedicated to writing. I changed a few names (which was crazy hard for awhile I kept forgetting I had done it.) and I added a few new characters.
Since then I haven't stopped working on it. When the first was finished I missed it so much I started on a second. With that almost finished i've started thinking about the third. I'm really excited for the third.
so anyways.. I love writing and I can't see myself doing anything else for the rest of my life. Without writing I would completely explode.. like really.. it'd be cool though. hmm.
You know what else I would explode without? Jen. She's been my main source for writing for a long time. Every sentence I write I write for her. I always hope that she enjoys it because I don't want to bore her to death. I'd feel really bad. It's hard to describe in words how much she's really done for me.. alright touching music came on right as I wrote that.. How.. creepy. :D Anyways. Jen's my rock and I would die without her. If I ever become famous she's totally coming to all the famous parties in LA or wherever.. and she's totally gonna help me pimp slap Stephanie meyer. Stephanie meyer and twilight is a whole nother blog.. Perhaps tomorrow? Oh goodness. Back to what I was saying. Jen, I love you. you've probably read all this haven't you? bet you have. Oh and she prefers me to hand write.. wtf? Crazy girl. I love her though. We get to watch LOTR tomorrow. Maybe Steven will come.. I miss my friends. :(. Jen sorry.. I keep getting off subject. YOu know how I am. Thanks for sticking with me even though i'm frustrating. You're my BFF and instead of muse you get to inspire my books.. and my books are cooler than Twilight.. so technically you're cooler than Muse.. I'll leave it at that.

Finally she's done right? If you read this.. Bravo. You put up with my mumbo jumbo for this long.. You must really like me. :D haha.

Well I hope that somehow you can see a little better into my mind. I hope that someday if I publish my book you can say you read this before anyone else and that you knew me before I was famous. I won't deny it. If I become a millionaire I will pay each of my followers on this day $500.. sound good?

Well I hope you all sleep well. I know I will. Although the weird sound is back.. mm Pudding.

LY LY LY

<3 Katie Wan.

(PS: What's with the Title ^^.. I think I was on crack when I wrote it. :S)

1 comment:

  1. Crack? That or you were thinking of something completely different to write about and then changed your mind. ;)
    I love you Kate. Your stories are my favorite thing to read, and you know how much I really do enjoy reading. :) I'm super excited for the second book to be done! And for you to start on your third! You're my own personal super hero.

    Can't wait for LOTR tonight! LY (i'll invite Steven)

    ReplyDelete