Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Excited much?

I've decided to enter my book into Amazon's breakthrough novel award contest. :S.. Crazy. haha. I really just want to get my idea out there even if I don't win. Who knows what will happen? Anyways for it I have to write a 300 word pitch.. :S.. I think I went over 300.. lets check. 361 words.. I think that should be okay?
Anyways I'm going to be turning it in either tonight or tomorrow. So i thought I would post it so you could let me know.. :S hehe. Alright. :D

"A Silver Lining by Kaitlin Martin

In a world of superheroes can a human survive? Collin Hanks an average teenager finds himself completely engulfed in the superhero life style.
While walking home late one night Collin finds himself trapped and pleading for his life. Within seconds he is saved by Miami’s most popular hero, Phoenix Oreson. Phoenix Oreson is part of the famous Oreson Family. Larsen Oreson, a large and respected man, has protected the City of Miami for decades. After the betrayal of his oldest son Ryder Oreson, Phoenix is now by his side. Phoenix, or “Wonder boy” to Collin, has a secret no one knows.
After Collin’s father leaves and his mother quickly moves on Collin finds himself completely lost in the world. Phoenix again comes to his rescue. Whisking him off of his feet and soaring through the air. Once the two are grounded Phoenix bears his soul. Two tiny words can change so much. As Collin begins to realize what he’s gotten into his world is completely flipped upside down. Everything he has ever known seems to fall out straight from underneath his feet. Can Collin really adapt to such a high speed and adventurous daily life?
After a long year of self discovery and deep love Phoenix leaves, completely abandoning Collin. Death and betrayal soon follow causing Collin to turn into something he isn’t. The loss proves too immense for him as he tries to take his own life. Unexpectedly another hero comes to town just in time to save Collin from leaping off the edge of a building. Rylan Khorry, a young doctor who seems to be hiding many things. He saves Collin’s life and gets him put back together. Through their time together a whole new world is exposed to Collin. A world that seemed to be lurking in the shadows is now exposed. Soon a dark creature begins to threaten the happiness Collin has now found, someone who knows a little too much. In the end Collin must find the strength to save all that he loves.
Through trials, loss, and love Collin soon realizes that in every cloud there’s A Silver Lining."

Anyways that's that. I hope you read this. :S.. Goodness i'm excited. :D

<3 Katie Wan.

2 comments:

  1. Tell me more about this contest! I want to put mine in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.amazon.com/b?node=332264011
    That's the link to the competition.. I didn't know that you write.. :D! We should talk writer talk sometime. :D

    ReplyDelete