Wednesday, March 02, 2011

My Binary Sunset..

"You know that part of Star Wars where Luke Skywalker is watching the binary sunset right on the edge of the greatest adventure of his life.. That's how I feel."





I posted this as my Facebook status a few days ago and I figure I would expound on the idea.


I'm coming up on my 20th birthday. I've lived a long time. A lot of things could've happened to me in those 20 years. Luckily it's been pretty good for me. I like to think that's the same thing Luke Skywalker was feeling. He went his whole life just being a moisture farmer. He had friends just like everyone else did. He had people who loved him just like everyone else did, but little did Luke know that he would be one of the most needed people in the galaxy. He didn't know that he was about to go on the biggest adventure of his entire life. So what i'm saying is, how do I not know that i'm going to change the galaxy. What if tomorrow my own Obi Wan comes along and teaches me the way of the force and I take down an evil empire. Or what if something else happens, but change the world just the same. I like to think that, that's going to happen. Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, or maybe in a month or so.. but i'm going to wake up one morning and know that everything is going to be different. It may not be easier and it may not be any more fun, but it's going to be different. So I guess right now, righting this blog.. This is my binary sunset and i'm watching the suns go down below the horizon hoping for a future that will surely come. I will change the world and you will see..
You will see.

-KD Wan Kenobi.

No comments:

Post a Comment