Saturday, February 12, 2011

Think about it..

Love:
It's a funny thing isn't it? It's probably the only thing that can force anyone to do almost anything. If you think about it, we are all it's slave. Whether it forces to do good or whether it forces us to do bad. I sometimes wonder what lengths I will go to for love. Sometimes I'm afraid of my own answer. Sometimes I worry that I will throw everything I've ever worked for away, just for someone. And then i worry that I won't throw too much away. You can't look someone in the eye and tell them that love doesn't control you. Who's to say it's a bad thing. If someone has love in their life should we be celebrating it? Shouldn't we be striving for the same love they have? Then we always try to decide who can love who. We try to define love. But truthfully what do you define love as? I define it as, caring solely for one person, always caring about their feelings, wanting to know how their day went. Love is curling up on the couch and watching a movie with a bowl of popcorn and not being afraid to cry when the sad parts come on, knowing that your love will wrap their arms around you and just let you know that it's okay to cry and that they think you're beautiful no matter what. That's Love.. To me. And I guess that's the point i'm trying to make through this ramble of words and thoughts. How can we define love? How can we tell someone they aren't allowed to love someone else? Love to someone else may mean, staying with them even when their family is killed. Or Even they are killed for loving each other. It's sad to know that my worries come with maybe losing support from family members when others worries are a lot more worse than ours.
Valentines day is coming up, maybe that's what's got me thinking.. I don't want to celebrate Valentines day because somewhere in the world someone else can't celebrate it with someone they love and why can't they? Because we've decided who they can and can't love. Some people throw everything away for love.. They don't have any other option and that's sad. It's sad that this world is so screwed up that this has to be this way. So really, Love is Love. So before you celebrate Valentines day think about the people in this world who can't because it's illegal. Before you look into your special someone's eyes remember that somebody else can't because they might be killed for it. Just think about about it..

Remember who you are and what you stand for..

KD Wan.

1 comment:

  1. Katie ... I love you and the way you write!! It is so powerful and moving and it definitely gets me thinking. Thank you for being an inspiration :)
    P.S. I agree with your definition of what love is!!

    ReplyDelete