Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Change..

This happens every time. I get out of school expecting great and marvelous things to happen to my writing. Every time something happens where I just sit around the house all day. I am completely uninspired and my writing goes to poop.. So, i've been reading a little trying to figure out what to do. So here are some things that I need to start doing. I will try and keep up a daily blog about my daily achievements.

1. Continue to read everything!: I am very proud of myself and all the books I have read. I have been home for a month and in there I have almost eight books. I need to read a lot more though. So I will continue to read whether it's actual reading or listening to books. I will read something every day.

2. Meditate: Doesn't matter what I think about, but I will take 15 minutes every single day to think about something. Just let my mind wander all over the place. Whether it's thinking about my books or just something in my life.

3. Use my hands: I need to be doing something with them that isn't typing. I need to be drawing, knitting, writing letters, coloring. Something that doesn't take a lot of brain activity but gets my hands active and moving.

4. Go to bed earlier: I always stay up so late and sleep all day. So I am going to be in bed by 10 every night (unless something I can't miss is going on.) and then wake up by 9:30 the next day. Sunday I will be awake earlier so than I can go to singles ward here. :) I've also heard that naps help. So maybe, if I need it, a half hour cat nap in the middle of the day.

5. Work out more than what I have been doing: I'm pretty proud of myself for what I've done to become healthier this year. I'm going to start working harder though. Doing something different every single day. Whether it's lifting weights, just playing the kinect, or getting back into Yoga and Tai Chi.

6. Get up and do something!: Go somewhere every day. Whether it's just a drive in my car listening to music, but get out of the house. I need to go out and see people. Go to a movie. Meet someone new... Go to Barnes and Noble! haha. Spend way too much time out of the house.

7. Watch and listen to more news. : You can learn a lot from the news going on around you. I need to become more in tune with everything that is going on around me.

8. Be spontaneous: Do what I want at random times throughout the day.


That's really all I can think of right now. If you want to help out or participate in any of these please let me know. I will be very happy to have you come a long. Talking to people is something that can also stir your creative juices. I love you guys.
Hope you are having a wonderful year so far.
Remember who you are
and what you stand for.

KDwan.

3 comments:

  1. Watching the news is a great idea. I heard once that Suzanne Collins came up with her idea for Hunger Games by watching the news and survivor at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that she got the idea from a greek myth.. but oh well :) BUt um.. you can take random drives with me.. ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing awesomely with your art!
    I'm always stoked to see it.
    Pleeease keep it up n_n

    ReplyDelete