Friday, December 31, 2010

Another year down.. 400 million to go.

Well here we are again. A year later from where I started. If you remember (if you’ve followed me that long) you remember that I started with a post stating my new year’s resolutions. Well here they were:
1.The first is to Love more. When I was younger loving everyone wasn't that hard, now that i'm older it's become a little more difficult. This year I want to learn to love everyone equally.
2. Become my own person. I thought last year I had myself all figured out, only to be hit with the fact that I was incredibly far off track. I will find myself this year through trial and error just like I have all my life. With this I'm going to learn all that I can and pick up new hobbies. I want to be educated in many different things and learn more. College will be a great experience for me and I will get to learn oh so very much. In the end I will be doing what I love [hopefully].
3. This third one is a little farfetched but it's a resolution. Get my book published. I've never been more passionate about anything in my life. This book has totally encompassed me and my whole life. Everything I do revolves around my writing. Stories are constantly circulating through my mind. I look around me and feed off of everything. If you truly know me you know how dedicated to writing I am. I sleep, breath, and eat writing. I live for my books and I live for stories. My book Silver Lining is the name of it [Yes I finally chose one] It's my most prized possession. Of course not many people will enjoy it due to it's controversial matter [Gay Superhero] I am wonderfully proud of what I have accomplished. I am so proud and people have been so receptive of it that I have started a sequel. ANYWAYS! Getting it published would be a dream come true.. Become and rich and famous wouldn't be so bad either. ;].
4. This is probably the resolution I will work the hardest for. Become more active in the fight for Gay Rights. I know that many people don't feel that this is an important resolution. People [especially in Idaho] don't believe that gays should have rights at all. I don't believe that way at all. I believe that humans should all be created equal no matter what. Whether it's their race, religion, or sexual orientation. The minute I see people being discriminated against I get rather angry. My best friends are gay most of my friends are gay actually and I want to fight for their rights with all my heart. So I am going to dive head first right into the activism of Gay rights. I hope that some of you realize that great cause this is and join me.


So let’s start with number 1, love more. I believe that I was able to accomplish that. Sure I wasn’t perfect in it, but I really made an effort. It really helped in my happiness and I gained a lot of insight this year on all the many people surrounding me constantly. I’m glad I made this a resolution.
2. Become my own person. Oh boy did I do this. I finally feel like KDwan. I’m pretty stoked about everything that is going on in life right now. I started new hobbies, started a bunch of new things. I really branched out and tried to see myself from someone else’s shoes and change myself. I believe that I did really well with that.
3. Get the book published.. hehe. Well this didn’t turn out the way I exactly wanted it too, and truthfully I’m glad. There was still a lot of work that the book needed and still right now there’s more than can be done. I rewrote the book and am currently rewriting it once more. I love this book though, I could work on it forever and never think it’s perfect, but I’m really going to try to get an agent this next upcoming year, so yeah, I’m not too worried.
4. Be more active in Gay rights. Oh I did this. . I really worked hard to make known what I believe. So Yeah, totally did this.

So basically I didn’t actually do too badly this last year. There was only one resolution that I wasn’t able to accomplish. I was a little crazy for thinking it could get published last year. Anyways, I’m sure it’s time for some new resolutions, so tonight while I’m watching the ball drop I will think of some, and tomorrow I will post the list for you.
I love you guys more than anything, and I’m very glad that I have all of you.
Remember who you are, and what you stand for.
-Love KD

No comments:

Post a Comment