Saturday, April 17, 2010

Moving..

On Friday I started my long awaited journey of moving. Lets begin on the 15th. It was a nice last day. I woke up not feeling all too well. I went through most of the day pretty good. Jake needed a ride so he could go to baptisms. Being a nice sister I told him I would take him. We met up at the church building and talked to the people there. I told them all about my schooling and such. They were rather excited. As we spilt up and moved to our cars jake hopped into mine. As I started the car I realized that it no longer ran. My car was now dead in the middle of the church. Jake had to run and find another ride before everyone left. I called my dad and he came and tried it out. After realizing that it was not going to work because it wouldn't idle we carefully drove it to the car shop. They said they'd fix it.

We drove home and continued our day. My stomach wasn't feeling all to great so I decided not to eat dinner. (Which was a very wise choice). A few hours passed and I realized I had jumped straight into the stomach flu. The rest of the night was filled with unpleasant memories.

Finally friday rolled around. Only two hours of sleep fueled my exhausted body. With no second car we piled everything into the van and headed out. We didn't realize what we had gotten into. When we started we had no idea where we were going. so we walked around and almost got me living in a boys dorm (SCHYEA!)it didn't work out.
We eventually realized we sign in exactly where we started.. my dorm. So we get the kay and such and start hauling things up. I brought a lot of bags. haha. Surprisingly I didn' take up a lot of room. :S. So we packed and packed then walked around finding the stuff I needed to do. I joined this thing called Get connected. IT's like a big weekend seminar where they introduce you to the school and what not. Anyways, we signed me up for that and found a bowling alley! yay. We thought we needed to get a wireless card. we thought wrong.. I'M ON THE INTERNET WITH NO EXTRA FEE! yay. haha. I love free wifi. Did I mention that my bed is above my desk.. scary. It's really hard to put sheets on them too. haha.

So then I met my Iteam they're dang sweet. Sometimes i'm the shyest person ever.. haha. it's okay because once they break me out of my shell they want to put me back.

There was a meeting, there was a nother meeting, there was walking, there was more walking. anyways that was day one. I went home that night because there was no one in my dorm and I still felt all sorts of bad.
I spent the night watching Will and Grace with my mom.. (I think there's someone banging on my wall.. wtf mate.. or maybe my bed is going to explode.)

So saturday morning I wake up early and pack everything into my now fixed car. I drove with my mom and we packed everything away. My new roommate Jessica also moved in. She sleeps in my room. :D. haha. I win the roommate! haha. Jk. I think she's making dinner.. Yum I want some. I'm going to have fried rice.. Okay get back on topic. I moved in and realized I forgot my contacts case.. i'm stupid leave me alone I already know. So we went and bought one and then it was time to say good bye to my parents. :'(. Every year I go to girls camp I always hated leaving my family. I still do. I'd rather live in my parents basement my whole life, buuuut! It's nice knowing I can talk to them through internets and such.. unlike girls camp.

After they left I went to another meeting then got a free lunch from the school and ate with Brandon Queen cause he's in my Igroup. We're buddies. Then we had another meeting.. are you getting this yet? there are a lot of meetings. Then we had a service project. We put hygien kits together. It was quite fun. I went home after that and have been sitting here all day. It's pretty dang boring. There needs to be a park by me or something.. I might go out and find something to do. I'm super bored.

At nine there's a talent show. I was going to try out for it but it's clear across campus and there isn't parking where there is so I would've had to walk with my guitar across campus.. Excuses for just being scared.. I think so. haha. I've never performed alone in my life.. I'll have to start with smaller crowds. Sound good? My feet and hands are cold which is weird cause my room is fudgin hot.

Anyways that's been moving. It's been rather eventful and quite fun. I think i'll like it here in the burg. i'll miss my quartney cook cause she won't be here, but.. that's okay. i love her still. So quartney if you ever read this.. I LOVE YOU and I MISS YOU! haha.

I guess I could've written while I was bored.. haha. idk.. I feel awkward having someone in the same room as me. Weird? I think so. haha. well I love you guys. I hope you're enjoying your lives as much as I am.. Oh and like a major PS don't get that dang 24 hour stomach thing going around.. not good.. not good at all.

I love you guys, keep on living.

<3 Katie Wan John Silver Martin Kenobi

No comments:

Post a Comment